The tablet industry has been growing at unprecedented rates. This means that more and more of your customers/clients are now using tablets to interact with your business. In order to provide them with the best possible user experience, you’ll need to adapt your current online strategy to fit the needs of tablet users.
Here are some things you should know about the growth of the tablet industry and what it may mean for your business’s marketing efforts:
- The tablet industry is growing at a faster rate than any consumer electronics device in history, even outpacing smartphones. The number of tablets in households increased from 11 percent to 19 percent over the holiday season in 2011.
- Tablets appeal to a broad demographic. Everyone loves tablets. Therefore, no matter who your target demographic is, chances are they are buying tablets. This means you’ll need to develop a marketing strategy to specifically deal with the needs of tablet users who are engaging with your business’s online presence.
- According to predictions from eMarketer, nearly a third of online households in the U.S. will own a tablet by 2014. However, due to their rapid growth, that percentage may increase in the months to come.
- People who own tablets spend a considerable amount of time using them each day. In fact, 77 percent use them for an average of 90 minutes each day.
- Tablet users frequently shop online using their tablets. Plus, they spend more than when shopping using a smartphone or a laptop.
- Many consumers are replacing their laptops with tablets. The portability and usability of tablets makes them more attractive than laptops. At the same time, the screen size and clarity of tablets makes them more attractive than smartphones for browsing online.
All of this information points to the need for you to focus more on tablet users. These people will be looking for a streamlined experience while interacting with your business online. Carefully evaluate your existing mobile strategy and identify areas where it may be lacking. For example, tablet users will quickly click away from your website if it is difficult to navigate or images don’t load correctly. Therefore, you may need to test your website on a variety of tablets in order to determine the user experience. Your website designer will be able to help you develop a solid strategy for improving your website’s user experience on tablets. Pay special attention to how images appear and the way your pages are laid out so that users will be able to easily navigate through your site whether they are on a laptop, tablet or smartphone.