How will your business approach social media marketing in 2013? Even though it is mid-December, you really need to start thinking about how you will implement social media to achieve your business objectives for the new year. Social media can be a powerful marketing tool for your business, but you need to approach it with well-defined objectives in order to see results. After you have defined your goals, work with your web professional so that you can implement them as effectively as possible.
In order to help you set social media marketing goals for the new year, here are a few ways you can use social media marketing in 2013:
- Improve customer/client service. Social media is an excellent resource for improving customer/client service. However, you’ll need to be responsive to all inquiries from your social media contacts in a timely manner. In the world of social media, an hour or less is an ideal response time during normal business hours.
- Update customers/clients about products, services and company news. If you want to keep your customers/clients updated about your company’s latest news, products and services, you can use social media as a casual way to stay in touch. Just make sure that you aren’t in sales mode when you post updates. Your followers will be interested in your latest product or service, but won’t want to hear about it in the form of an advertisement. Keep your update posts conversational and engaging.
- Increase interaction with customers/clients. Social media is one of the best ways to interact with your customers/clients on a personal level. As long as you use social media as a conversational tool, you’ll be warmly embraced by your customers/clients who would like to keep in touch, offer feedback and find out about your latest products/services.
- Raise brand awareness. In order to raise your brand awareness through social media marketing, you’ll need to maintain consistency in brand imagery and messaging across all of your social networks. Work with your web designer to integrate your branding throughout all of your social media profiles. Make sure everything you post is consistent with your overall brand message.
- Improve lead generation. Generating leads through social media is not difficult if you approach it correctly. Instead of focusing on selling to people on social media sites, talk to them. Join in on discussions that are of interest to your target demographic. Once you become a contributor to social media, you’ll begin to attract the interest of users who are interested in your products. Interact with the people who show an interest in your company and over time, you’ll generate a wealth of leads.
- Position your company as an industry leader. Share ideas in the form of resources, articles and blog posts with your followers on social media. Over time you’ll build credibility and begin to establish yourself a thought-leader within your industry.