In today’s competitive online marketplace, a high performance, fast running website is important to your success. Visitors to your website aren’t going to have any patience for slow loading pages or page elements. Even fractions of seconds count when it comes to load times. Your competition is a click away and you can’t afford to lose business over a slow loading web page.
Here’s where efficient code comes into play. You may have optimized all of your page elements so that they load quickly. However, your pages may still lag. If you’re experiencing problems with slow load times, you may want to have the efficiency of your code evaluated.
If you want to improve the performance of your website, it’s time to focus on code efficiency. Your web developer will focus on reducing resource consumption and minimizing the risks involved in an effort to improve your website’s code efficiency.
There are several ways to achieve code efficiency including:
- Remove unnecessary or redundant code
- Use optimal memory and nonvolatile storage
- Ensure best speed/run time
- Utilize reusable components when possible
- Create programming code to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Develop code that is compliant with design flow and logic
- Optimize data access and data management
- Use best data types, variables and keywords
While these are some ways to improve code efficiency, you will want to sit down with your web development professional to evaluate your existing code and discuss a strategy to make it more efficient. Without efficient code, your website will lag behind your competition. In fact, efficient code may be the only thing holding you back from significant growth in your web conversions.
When is the last time you’ve had your website’s code evaluated?