Content Management Systems are being integrated into many types of online web sites. A Content Management System is often referred to as a CMS. If you make frequent changes to the content on your web site, having a CMS can be both a time and money saver.
What Is a Content Management System?
A CMS makes a web site easier to maintain by providing an interface to a web site that allows for easy editing. Some Content Management Systems allow for editing every aspect of a web site while others only allow for editing specific pages or areas.
The alternative to a content management system is to either learn how to write HTML (the markup language that tells a web browser how to render text and imagery on a page) or to send changes to a web developer who had that skill set.
For users that want hands-on access to content, a CMS is a game-changer.
There are a lot of content management systems available but at Pinpoint Digital we primarily focus on BravoCMS and WordPress.
Content Management System Features
- Save the business money – they enable you to streamline the integration and maintenance of content so that you may see a significant return on investment (ROI).
- Train non-technical users – enable you to train non-technical users how to quickly and easily maintain existing content or add new content.
- Get the system to work for you – program simple content-specific tasks, such as archiving dated information, and alerts for content that requires editorial review.
- Integrate all kinds of content into your site design – manage and integrate text, links, photos and images, videos, podcasts, RSS feeds, forums and comments, meta data, etc. with little to no programming skills.
- Update and change content whenever you want – text can be edited directly in the text editor page, usually a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface.
Small or Large Site CMS
Many of the popular CMS systems like those above, are flexible and scalable enough to be used to help build and manage small websites to large corporate or enterprise sites.
Wondering if a content management system could work for you? Ask us how we can help you integrate a CMS into your business’s website.